The Ottawa Wolves are hosting a Public Open House for Rugby on September 18, at the University of Ottawa’s Mark Anthony field from 1PM to 4PM. This could be the perfect opportunity for you if you’ve never played the game and always wanted to see what it’s about.
After our Nation’s Women’s took home Bronze for Rugby 7s at the 2016 Olympics, we’ve seen quite the rise in interest in rugby! That’s why the Ottawa Wolves will be hosting a Rugby Open House on September 18th at the Minto Sports Complex. We invite any and all to come watch, try and sign up for all the rugby possibilities available to them in Ottawa. From full tackle 15s, to 7s, to simple touch rugby! Let us facilitate and encourage your interest in the great sport of Rugby!
Here’s an overview of the schedule:
- 1pm: Men’s game (Composed of various teams)
- 2pm: Women’s game (Composed of various teams)
- 3pm: All in touch game (Public will be invited to participate)
- Coaching clinics between games for Seasoned Players by: LeeAnn Napiorkowski (Ontario u18 coach, former national player, Beavers Premier Coach)
Additionally, introductory clinics will be held during the entire event to introduce the pulbic to the basics of the game. It’s the perfect opportunity to bring your friends and invite anyone who wants to eventually join the Ottawa Wolves or touch rugby!
If you wish to play during a contact game, here’s a checklist of things to bring!
- Rugby Cleats (Soccer cleats are allowed, but not football cleats)
- Shorts and a jersey
For more information, see https://www.facebook.com/events/1107472039333792/.